My reign as a single parent is officially over. Mike returned home from traveling for work. He left on Monday and returned home late last night. While it was hard and quite a bit more planning on my part, I think it went well.
Some aspects I really missed him. Getting ready in the morning took so much longer when it was just me - so I quickly learned to prepare most things the night before - including me. After getting Derek to bed, I started prepping for the next day - washing bottles, packing milk, showering, clothes ready to go, etc. This prep, along with all of the overnight & morning feedings meant I didn't get as much sleep as usual. I didn't even attempt to give him a bath by myself. Some day soon I'm sure I will but I just wasn't up for it this week.
In other aspects, life was easier. Decisions that were made were solely mine. No discussion about what we should do. This meant that I just decided and went with it. Not all were good ones and I think had Mike been here to discuss it, things may have gone differently. But it was a learning experience for both of us and it got a little better every day.
I'd have no reservations about being a single parent if Mike would need to travel for work again. I'm definitely more appreciative of all he does around here. And I have a lot more respect for those single parents out there.
No comments:
Post a Comment