Pages

Monday, August 8, 2011

Nursing Strike

Our schedule had Derek nursing for supper and then almost exclusively on the weekends.  However this last month has been absolutely crazy with activities - many of them have taken me out of town or away from Derek for the majority of the day so I haven't been able to nurse.  I've just been pumping into bottles and he's drinking those.

We finally break in our crazy schedule and predict a much calmer August so I tried nursing again.  Derek wouldn't have any of it.  He refuses to nurse.  He'll lay there and cry (well, scream is more like it), push me away, and try to wiggle free.  We've tried everything we can think of (changing locations, dark room, no distractions, sitting up, laying down, various holds......) and nothing works.

It looks like I might be done nursing.  I knew this day would come but I always thought I would be the one trying to get him to wean.  But I suppose in a way it just gradually happened in July without me really realizing it.  The transition has been harder for me than I would have expected.  I've noticed that I really miss spending that special close one on one time with my little man.  :-(

No comments:

Post a Comment