Pages

Monday, June 13, 2011

Sleep, Sleep, Sleep

We are again trying out a new routine - but for a very good reason.  Derek has been consistently sleeping through the night.  For two weeks now, he has skipped is overnight feeding and wakes up talking and happy at 5:30/6 am.  :-)  And he still goes to bed between 6-7 pm so on most nights, he gets 11 -12 hours of sleep.  This has been nice for Mike and I to have a little time to ourselves in the evening.  It also allows us to get some things done around the house.  I'm still in bed pretty early - probably around 8:30 pm (well, before the neighborhood kids go inside).

We are also working on getting Derek's day schedule in sync with the rest of the daycare kids.  At the beginning of Aug, daycare will be taking another infant so it's important for her to have a little more consistency with his schedule and we all agree that he's ready for it.  He seems to do much better on days when he sticks to his schedule.

I love sleep - and realize now how much I truly missed it before.  Yay sleep!

No comments:

Post a Comment