We had a big night tonight at baby class and accomplished two developmental milestones. We've been watching for these very closely because our 6 week gross motor skills check-up is coming up soon. As Derek and I were playing on the floor (I was sitting cross legged with him sitting in front of me), he rotated around and started to lean over to me. I put my arms out and he grabbed on. Then he started to pull himself up on me. Well this turned into a fun game and I started putting objects that he wanted (like my Nalgene bottle cover) on my head and entice him to do it again and again. I helped just a little bit by lifting my arms up as he grabbed on, but he essentially pulled himself up to a standing position. Yay Derek!
Baby class actually starts when he normally goes to bed - 6 pm. Now that he's feeling better, we are trying to work back toward staying awake a little later at night. But tonight, as is the case with most baby class nights, Derek was very tired toward the end of class. I put him in his jammies and gave him his blankie & pacifier. He was laying on the floor and started covering his eyes with the blanket. I was assuming he was doing this to block out the light because he does the same thing in the car seat when the sun is in his eyes. Then he quickly pulled down the blanket and smiled at him. When he did it again, I finally caught on that he wanted to play peek-a-boo. So while the class was wrapping up, I was smiling away as my little man accomplished not only one but two developmental milestones in a matter of 1 1/2 hours. :-)
No comments:
Post a Comment