Today we took Derek to the library for the first time. He absolutely loves reading books at home and will often sit for 20 minutes at a time just looking through his stories, so this seemed like the perfect outing for him. This really was the first time I'd really spent any time in the children's section of the library and I was impressed. There was a large selection of board books (in no particular order), activities & games - bead mazes, puzzles, etc, kid tables & chairs, and even a "reading room". Since we arrived not more than 5 minutes after the library opened, it was pretty quiet but I had fun selecting a few books I thought Mike and I would enjoy reading to him.
He was interested in the books for a little while, then was off to push chairs down the aisle of the library, follow the cart (it had wheels on it), and crawl up and down the rows of books filling the quiet void with his voice. We didn't stay too long but I am looking forward to going back.



No comments:
Post a Comment