Pages

Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Home Stretch

Yesterday I started the exciting process of weaning.  I wasn't sure I was going to start so soon and wasn't really sure how to do it so I called the lactation consultant.  She returned my call surprisingly quickly and I felt much more confident after our conversation. Through talking with her, I realized just how fortunate I am that Derek isn't still nursing and I'm just pumping.  Because of this, I have complete flexibility with my approach.  It was a difficult transition to make at the time, but in hindsight, I'm glad it happened the way it did.  Here's my plan:

Now:  Pump:  5 am, 10:30 am, 3:30 pm, and before bed (around 8:30/9 pm)
Next week:  Pump 5 am, 12:30 pm, and 7ish
In two weeks:  Pump 5 am and before bed
In three weeks:  Pump 5 am
Done!!

Right now I'm thinking about keeping the 5 am pumping the longest because that's when I produce the most milk.  Mike is trying to convince me to give that one up earlier so I can actually sleep in.  We'll see .... he makes a pretty convincing argument.

No comments:

Post a Comment