Every year for Thanksgiving, we are fortunate enough to get to spend Thanksgiving with both sides of our family. This Thanksgiving was extra special for us because it was Derek's first Thanksgiving (and his last, first holiday). We took a few minutes to reminisce about this time last year and how our celebration got cut short with Derek's arrival. This year was a little more relaxing, but fun never-the-less.
Derek started out by taking his first taste of whole milk. I was prepared with the camera to capture his expression as I fully expected him to react. He drank it down like it was no big deal - no reaction at all. All this time, I've been pumping and nursing and it turns out he likes whole milk just as much!
 |
| First taste of whole milk. |
He ate a full Thanksgiving meal, complete with turkey, stuffing, and corn. He loved it all:
 |
| First Thanksgiving Dinner |
 |
| Derek & Grandpa Nistler having fun at dinner. |
 |
| Smiles after eating - with Uncle Matt & cousins Sadie & Eliza. |
Then the whole Nistler family came over for some food and fun games. And of course, Derek loved being part of the festivities:
Since his birthday was so close to Thanksgiving, we also celebrated his birthday on Friday. I'll write more about that in a separate first birthday post.
No comments:
Post a Comment