This weekend was "free" so that equals busy. Mike and I spent Saturday working around the house. I sanded, stained, and lacquered the windows in Pickles and our room while Mike worked on caulking the windows & doors. In our down time, we were organizing and rearranging things.
My parents came on Sunday to help us move furniture. By the time they arrived, Mike and I had successfully destroyed every room in our house "cleaning & rearranging". My dad worked in the newly painted room to replace the electrical outlets and put up the lights. My mom and I put away the shower gifts, started washing Pickles' clothes, and sorted through more items in Pickles' room to clear a path to the water bed so my dad could drain the bed. We were ready for Mike when he came home from Ultimate to start moving furniture. And my brother came over after his soccer game to lend us his muscles too. Beds and dressers went from one room to another, pieces from the basement made an appearance in every room until finally landing in a bedroom, and our bookshelf even moved from the office to Pickles' room. By the time the furniture settled in, the laundry was done and we were all exhausted, all three of our former guest rooms looked completely different. I still walk into those rooms and am surprised to see the results. They look great - thank you for the help!!!
Mike and I quickly changed and headed over to our neighbors house for the Vikings/Packer game and pumpkin carving. We both agreed that our pumpkin wouldn't have stood a chance at the Stouff's carving party. But we must have learned some great skills all those years of carving in Milwaukee to rock at the pumpkin carving and win first place in the contest!
No comments:
Post a Comment