When I went down to meet them in the private dining room for lunch and a little Q&A, I opened the door, there were 20 people all lined up in the decorated room yelling "SURPRISE!" I was definately surprised and shocked - I had NO idea they were planning this baby shower.
After lunch from Jimmy Johns, we had cake and opened presents. No games though because we were limited to about an hour of time and Lynda, my boss, had promised the boys that there would be no games.
I was completely surprised when we received our stroller - I mean wow - we registered for the one we liked and really didn't expect to receive it because it's so expensive. But it made more sense to me thinking that if everyone threw in $10, we have a stroller. But then I proceeded to open the next gift - our car seat! Now I'm SHOCKED!!! I'm still overwhelmed by their generosity several days later.
I do really enjoy my job and the people I work with. They are very kind, genuine, nice people who care about each other and the work they do. It was fun to be completely surprised like that - it doesn't happen often (because I generally don't like surprises because I can't plan for them). But I'm working on this "go with the flow" attitude because I know life with be less about planning and more about adapting once Pickles is born.
What an amazing blessing :) So happy for you Cara!!
ReplyDelete