Pages

Saturday, December 18, 2010

First Bottle

This weekend Derek turns 3 weeks old and since he's been eating well, we decided to try giving him a bottle. We heard that Mike should be the one to give him his first bottle because Derek would be less likely to take it from me when he's used to nursing. So just before his feeding time, I pumped into a bottle and took off to the grocery store alone and left Mike at home to feed Derek. I was fully prepared to rush home if Mike called. As I finished up grocery shopping, I still hadn't heard from them so I called to check on plans for supper and was happy to hear that it went well. Derek took the bottle successfully! I wasn't nervous to leave, but yet found myself genuinely relieved at hearing the good news. We should have more flexibility now and won't have to plan every outing around his feedings. Yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment