We had lots of wonderful visitors this week and weekend. It was nice to catch up, eat wonderful food and share our cute baby with people. Several people mentioned that I look great and not very tired. That's all due to my wonderful husband and I hope he takes each complement I receive as a complement for him. He is allowing me to sleep through the night and wake me up when Derek is hungry. I am able to sleep well (even if it is short time spans) because I know he is taking care of our little man. I know this schedule will have to change when he goes back to work but I'm enjoying it right now while I can and know that this would be a considerably less enjoyable experience without him.
Thurs night: Grandma & Grandpa Schultz visit

Friday night: Chris & Katie visit
Saturday: Mark &Miranda with their new 3 week old
Saturday: Tae & Steve
Sunday: Uncle Dan, Aunt Heidi, and cousin Sadie

The best visitor had to be my mom. She came down Sunday evening to take the overnight shift since she didn't have to work on Monday. Mike and I got to sleep in the same bed for the first time since Derek was born. It felt wonderful to be wrapped up in his arms again. I still had to get up and feed Derek but Mike got nearly an entire night of sleep uninterrupted. Thanks mom!!!
Loven the blog Cara!!!
ReplyDelete