This was our last week of baby class. It's a class Mike and I have been attending for parents with kids between 0 - 6 months old, through the Early Childhood Education program in our district. I have really enjoyed getting to know the other parents and babies in the class. It's nice that they are all local people and all with kids around the same age We actually met a family that lives about 3 blocks from us - looking forward to a new walking friend in the summer & play dates. We get to see the different stages of development and I've found it helps me keep more realistic expectations of what Derek should be doing/acting at his age. We have learned many fun "new" songs to sing - they are the ones that most everybody knows but forgets if you are not around little kids all the time. And class is great for brainstorming with other parents on issues that we are all facing.
I'm excited for the next class to start in two weeks. It's the one scheduled weekly "activity" in our schedule that involves the entire family. It will essentially be the same class but with a few different people as the babies transition in and out of the age group.
![]() |
| First day of class (1.5 months old) |
| Last day of class (3.5 months old) |

No comments:
Post a Comment