Pages

Thursday, March 3, 2011

Garlic, Garlic, Garlic

Upon dropping Derek off at daycare, Lori got one of the bottles ready and said..."Wow.  You guys have been eating some garlic recently huh?"  Mike was quite surprised.  She also said she could smell it in the milk and on Derek's breath!  We both tried but didn't smell anything so I was quite surprised she could.

We did recently make two meals that had garlic in them:  French Farmhouse Chicken and Bruschetta.  The French Farmhouse Chicken recipe calls for 40 cloves of garlic but they are cooked so the garlic flavor is quite muted.  The Bruschetta topping for Mike's birthday meal only used 2 cloves of garlic, but they were raw so I could taste the garlic in that more than the recipe for 40 cloves!  And of course there we leftovers so it was a few days of eating these recipes.  I know that what I eat Derek eats but I never expected it to be on his breath and that strong of a smell in his milk.  I hope we aren't that family that constantly smells like garlic but don't know it because we are used to it....(I know one of these and it's hard to even walk in their house because the smell is so overwhelming).

No comments:

Post a Comment