We went to our first birth class last night. We opted for the 2 1/2 hour class once a week for five weeks versus the boot camp session where you get it all done in one long weekend.
We wasted no time and jumped right into it. The first hour or so I felt pretty smart and new most of the answers to the questions. Then we watched the birthing video - wow, I wasn't expecting that at the first class. It was really well done but I'm definately not looking forward to that part - the pain and my butt hanging out for the world to see.
Then we did some progressive relaxation techniques. I can tell that I'm going to struggle with relaxing - it's never been something I've excelled at. We were laying on our mats with pillows while the instruction played soft music and was telling us "relax our toes - feel how warm and relaxed they are" as we moved up the various parts of the body. This did not relax me and never has - I've tried before. Then we moved onto some breathing techniques, in through the nose, out through the mouth. That just makes me anxious because I've never feel like I'm getting enough air - too much allergies or stuffiness. So both of those techniques probably won't work for me.
We've got our work cut out for us to find relaxing techniques that will work. I'm going to try to practice, practice, practice over the next month or two and see if I can't get better at this.
you are worried about your butt hanging out? HA HA HA....
ReplyDelete