This weekend we headed down to Wisconsin for our first baby shower - hosted by my aunt's Marcy & Marie. It started out as a traditional baby shower with only the "girls" and Mike attending, but ended up being more of a family shower - complete with aunts, uncles, cousins, and significant others. It was a great way to catch up with everybody all at once (especially since we probably won't be attending Christmas this year). And I have to say that some of the people that I think had the best time were the people I would not have expected. For many of the guys, this was their first ever baby shower. :-)
We had a wonderful lunch and played games. I wasn't very good at guessing the baby food without the labels on it - too many of the fruits smelled alike after a while. I couldn't believe how great my uncle was - he got 9/10 and only missed mangoes! I'm guessing I'll get much better at this in the future. The tic-tac-toe game was a lot of fun. Everyone filled out a board with baby related items like crib, diapers, etc. Then Mike and I read our answers off. If I said the answer, it was a "O", if Mike read the answer it was an "X" - a very interesting twist on the game.
We had a wonderful lunch and played games. I wasn't very good at guessing the baby food without the labels on it - too many of the fruits smelled alike after a while. I couldn't believe how great my uncle was - he got 9/10 and only missed mangoes! I'm guessing I'll get much better at this in the future. The tic-tac-toe game was a lot of fun. Everyone filled out a board with baby related items like crib, diapers, etc. Then Mike and I read our answers off. If I said the answer, it was a "O", if Mike read the answer it was an "X" - a very interesting twist on the game.
The shower invite asked guests to bring their favorite book. What a great idea - it brought back so many memories for people and sparked conversations of who read what books growing up. As we were passing around the gifts, many people stopped to read them too! We got so many wonderful gifts that we are looking forward to using. And we received our first baby clothes - oh my gosh - they are so small and cute!!!
And what shower wouldn't be complete without a cake, and this one was delicious (and not to chocolaty):
What a beautiful baby cake. Sounds like you had a fun time. I'm interested to see what children's books were favorites. You certainly have a wonderful, supportive extended family.
ReplyDelete