Pages

Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Weekend of Fun & Work

We got up there just in time to partake in the weekly volleyball game with Mike's friends. We played until we couldn't see anymore. I could tell it had been a while since I'd had last played volleyball because today is the first day my arms don't hurt when I touch them!!!

Since neither of us really had plans Friday and knew Chuck & Nancy would be working, Mike volunteered to help his Aunt & Uncle roof their house. I ran some errands in the morning and met up with Nancy in the afternoon to start looking at fabric for the drapes in Pickles' room. Friday night we were off to celebrate a friends birthday and visit what used to be my favorite restaurant in St. Cloud - McGee's (I call it - but it's since been renamed to Bear Creek, and now is Grizzly's). The free popcorn, peanuts, & trivia were great. The potato skins - the sole reason for going - left something to be desired with the change in ownership.

For having no plans until 6 pm on Saturday, it turned into a busy day. Nancy and I went on a 2 mile walk for ALS, purchased the fabric for the drapes, and got busy making them.



This past weekend we took Friday off work and headed up to St. Cloud Thursday night to play some volleyball and celebrate a good friend's birthday on Saturday.

The boys meanwhile started work on Mike's car. Mike's car hasn't had heat in it for a while and it didn't bother him for the short trips to and from work but this winter Pickles' will need heat in the car. The plan was to start by replacing the theromstat. They ran into a few troubles with a broken screw and we had to leave our car in St. Cloud in exchange for Chuck & Nancy's extra vehicle.




Sat night brought a good friend's birthday party and Sunday we came rushing home for Mike's Ultimate game.

It turned out to be a very busy weekend, but a productive one too. The drapes are almost done (I just need to hang them to figure out the correct length) and the guys made progress on the car.

No comments:

Post a Comment